Mass Resolving Period Attendance
**IMPORTANT: The steps in this article should be followed EXACTLY as indicated. Failure to do so can result in inadvertently deleting attendance data for students which cannot be undone. This procedure can only be performed by individuals with access to the Attendance module.
- Log on to Infinite Campus as usual
- Navigate to Attendance>Attendance Wizard
- Set the “Attendance Date” to an appropriate date (defaults to today)
- Mark “Period” to set the Mode
- Set the fields in the “Students” area using the following as a guide:
- a. Set the “Status/Excuse” field to Absent
- b. Type an appropriate period into the “Period” field
**Hint: most school periods are double digit (e.g. for period of 1, you would type 01)
- c. Leave all other fields blank
- a. Make note of the Cycle Day for your school (e.g. it’s an A day)
- b. Set the “Current Period” field to the EXACT SAME period you chose in step 5B above – being sure to select the period that matches up with the cycle day you noted in the previous step
- c. Set the “Attendance Code” field to an appropriate value which represents the reason why the student was marked absent from class – if the reason is not known, select a value which most closely represents that fact (e.g. Unknown, or Unexcused)
You should make an effort to know your Attendance Codes well, as there is no standard set regionally or by the state as to what codes are available, or how or when each code is to be used. When in doubt, ask a more experienced member of your team, your supervisor, or district official. Failure to use Attendance Codes properly, can affect your schools ability to maintain or increase the financial aid currently being provided by the state to your school.
- d. Optional: Add a comment using the “Comments” field (e.g. put your initials in this field, or a more detailed description for the reason the student was marked absent) being sure not to change the “Comments Options” field (e.g. leave it as Append comments)
- a. Each time through the procedure – be sure in step 5B, to increment the period by 1
- b. In step 5A you can substitute in other Statuses, to resolve those types of absences as well. It is best though to do this work in groups at a time (e.g. all Absent first, then all Tardy, then all Early Release).