RP.1725 - June 2017
Items marked with a RED pin are considered important or useful - pay special attention to these items when they appear,
- Be sure to read the New York State Data Warehouse changes at the bottom of this article for information on important updates that have been made to extracts.
- Enrollment Overlap System Preference (SIS-101055) [Enhancement]
The Enrollment Overlap preference has been updated, as follows:
- A new option has been added, called 'Strict Prevent & Warn Non-Primary: Prevent any primary enrollments in any calendar, allow Non-Primary enrollments with no primary enrollment.'
- The 'Strict Prevent & Warn: Prevent overlapping of primary enrollments in any calendar. Warn the user' has been renamed to 'Strict Prevent & Warn Primary: Prevent overlapping of primary enrollments in any calendar. Warn the user. Allow secondary enrollment overlaps'.
- When the preference is set to 'Overlap Warning...', the new enrollment's start date is compared to any existing enrollment's start date. If the dates match, a message displays indicating the dates of the primary enrollments cannot overlap. The existing enrollment will be ended with the same start date and set to No Show.
Path: System Administration > Preferences > System Preferences
- Logout Timer Pop-Up Updated to Default to Yes Value (SIS-75061)
The notification pop-up that appears when asking if a person wants to stay logged into Campus has been updated to default the selection to a value of Yes. This allows users to hit the Enter key and select Yes without having to first use the Tab button.
- Immunization Waiver Update (SIS-99303)
The date field on an immunization waiver is now required.
Article: Immunizations; Enter a Vaccine Waiver
Path: Student Information > Health > Immunizations
- Attendance - Single Day Count (SIS-104593) [Enhancement]
A new Single Day Count sub-report has been created and added to Attendance Letters, the Behavior Letter Wizard and the Letter Designer.
Article: Attendance Letters, Behavior Letter Wizard, Letter Designer
Path: Ad hoc Reporting > Letter Designer; Behavior > Behavior Letter Wizard, Attendance > Attendance Letters
- Student as Active (SIS-99306)
When a student has both a current enrollment and a future enrollment in the same calendar, the active flag on the future enrollment was set to 1 on the future enrollment. This has been corrected.
- When a student has multiple sequential primary enrollments in a calendar, the current enrollment is considered active. This means future-dated enrollments are not automatically considered active. A current enrollment is an enrollment with a start date that is prior to or equal to the the current date and an end date that is null or after today's date.
- Only one enrollment in a calendar can be set as active.
- Displaying a student's name in red in Student Search (inactive student) only occurs when the student is not enrolled on the current date (enrollment ended prior to the current date or enrollment start date is after the current date).
Path: Student Information > General > Enrollment
- SSO Service Provider Configuration Domain Suffix Field Updated to Allow Multiple Domains (SIS-104008) [Enhancement]
The Remove a Domain Suffix field in the SSO Service Provider Configuration tool has been updated to allow for multiple domains (up to 4).
Article: SSO Service Provider Configuration
Path: System Administration > User Security > SAML Management > SSO Service Provider Configuration > Remove a Domain Suffix
- Generate Random Password Added to the Account Creation Account Security Preference and Filter Type Added to Account Letter Builder (SIS-104792) [Enhancement]
An option to have Campus randomly generate a password for user accounts automatically created via the ‘Automatically create a new student account for current and future students with no existing account’ Account Security Preference has been added.
A Filter Type dropdown list has been added to the Account Letter Builder tool. This field allows users view and access Saved Filters based on the Filter Type selected. For example, if Student based Ad Hoc filters is selected, the Saved Filters window will only display filters containing student ad hoc fields.
Article: Account Security Preferences; Account Letter Builder
Path: System Administration > User Security > User Preference Management > Account Security Preferences; System Administration > User Security > Batch and Import Wizards > Account Letter Builder
- User Groups Tool Updated to Improve User Experience (SIS-104999) [Enhancement]
The User Groups tab and the Add User Groups portion of the creating a new user account process has been updated to a more streamlined experience. Now, users are given a search field which continues to refine search results as more characters are entered. Once a user group is found, the user selects the group which is then moved to a Current Group Membership window. This process makes finding user groups easier by eliminating the need to view all existing user groups available and allows users to find groups based on group name.
Article: User Account; User Groups (User Tab)
Path: System Administration > User Security > Users > User Groups; System Administration > User Security > Users > User Account
- LDAPDN and LDAPGUID Fields Removed from User Account Batch Import Tool File Specifications (SIS-105007)
The LDAPDN and LDAPGUID fields have been removed from the file specification of the User Account Batch Import tool as they are no longer the proper way to import LDAP accounts into Campus. Users are highly encouraged modify account authentication types en masse via the User Account Type Wizard.
Article: User Account Batch Import Tool; User Account Type Wizard
Path: System Administration > User Security > Batch and Import Wizards > User Account Batch Import Tool, User Account Type Wizard
- Ad Hoc Field Added to Help Users Identify LDAP Enabled Accounts (SIS-105835)
The Ad Hoc field ‘accountManagement.ldapConfiguredAccounts’ has been created and added to Ad Hoc tools. Using this field, users can generate filters and reports which will indicate which users have LDAP enabled or disabled.For detailed information about this process, please see the Generating a List of LDAP Enabled Students/Staff section of the LDAP Authentication article.
Article: LDAP Authentication
Path: System Administration > User Security > LDAP Authentication
- Account Disabling Note Updated on Account Security Preferences (SIS-106324)
The account disable preference on the Account Security Preferences tool has been updated to now state: “Automatically disabled student accounts __ day(s) after enrollment end date, and portal accounts for parents with no enrolled students.”This update ensures users are aware that parent Portal accounts are disabled the moment an enrollment End Date is entered for a student tied to the their account but only if they have no other actively enrolled students or students with a future enrollment entered within Campus.
Article: Account Security Preferences
Path: System Administration > User Security > User Preference Management > Account Security Preferences
- FDF Overflow Text Enhancement (SIS-105240) [Enhancement]
Previously, when overflow text was entered into multiline text fields on FDF forms, the text would shrink to fit within the limit of the field and would become unreadable. Text now remains at a standard font size and a scroll bar has been added to read all the text entered into the field.
Article: Documents (Counseling); Documents (Health); Documents (ILPA); Documents (PLP); DocumentsPath: Student Information > Counseling > General > Documents; Student Information > Health > General > Documents; Student Information > ILPA > General > Documents; Student Information > PLP > General > Documents; Student Information > Special Ed > General > Documents
- FDF Creation Ad Hoc Field Mapping Enhancement (SIS-105745) [Enhancement]
Ad hoc fields can now be used to map fields when creating FDF forms in Adobe Acrobat Professional. After a form has been uploaded into Campus, form fields that need to be mapped are outlined in Campus Yellow.
Article: FDF Creation; Form Documents (Special Ed); Form Documents (Counseling); Form Documents (Health), Form Documents (ILPA); Form Documents (PLP)Path: System Administration > Special Ed > Form Documents; System Administration > Counseling > Form Documents; System Administration > Health > Form Documents; System Administration > ILPA > Form Documents; System Administration > PLP > Form Documents
- Locked Forms Update (SIS-105746)
Locked form fields will not change when an Admin changes the form in System Administration.
Article: Form Documents (Counseling); Form Documents (Health); Form Documents (ILPA); Form Documents (PLP); Form Documents (Special Ed)
Path: System Administration > Counseling > Form Documents; System Administration > Health > Form Documents; System Administration > ILPA > Form Documents; System Administration > PLP > Form Documents; System Administration > Special Ed > Form Documents
- FDF Usage Tracking (SIS-105895)
A usage tracking function has been added to monitor districts' use of FDF tools.Article: Documents (Counseling); Documents (Health); Documents (ILPA); Documents (PLP); Documents
Path: Student Information > Counseling > General > Documents; Student Information > Health > General > Documents; Student Information > ILPA > General > Documents; Student Information > PLP > General > Documents; Student Information > Special Ed > General > Documents
New York State Data Warehouse:
- Student Class Grades Detail Template Change (SIS-97684)
The template was updated to report grades in the Alpha Grade element and the Numeric Grade element only if the student is enrolled in State Grade 07-12 or 14.
Article(s): SIRS Student Class Grades Detail Template (New York)
Path: NY State Reporting > SIRS Extracts > Student Class Grades Detail Template
- SSEC Extracts Update for PDF (SIS-105866)
When a large number of user groups were assigned to a user, the user could not generate the SSEC Extracts in PDF format. This issue was corrected.
Article(s): SSEC Extracts (New York)
Path: NY State Reporting > SSEC Extracts
The information in this article was summarized from: https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/Release+Pack+Campus.1725+-+June+2017#ReleasePackCampus.1725-June2017-SIS-104573