RP.1801- Jan 2018
- OneRoster API Upgraded to IMS Global Specification 1.1 (SIS-110168) [Enhancement]
The Campus OneRoster API is now certified in the 1.1 version of the IMS Global Specification. This version of the specification now allows Infinite Campus to receive assignments and term scores from third-party programs like Schoology.
This new functionality can be enabled by setting up a Grading Services connection using the "Grading Services" tab that appears under System Administration>Campus Learning>OneRoster
The "Grading Services" tool is used to manage connections to third-party programs who are certified by IMS and Campus like Schoology. Connected applications will be able to import grades, assignments, and scores into teachers' Infinite Campus grade books. Teachers will need to select categories and grading tasks/standards for assignments they import, to allow scores to report correctly in the IC Grade Book. This process can be done en masse in the grade book.
The "Grading Services" features can be used by schools for free through 2017-2018 school year, as part of Campus Learning. Districts that have opted in to Campus Learning have access to the Grading Services connection management tool in System Administration. Schools that wish to use the "Grading Services" features in the future, should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org before the 2018-19 School Year starts, in order to not lose access to the feature.
Third-party vendors that wish to become a member of the IC Grading Services Partner Program, must be in contact with Campus and have a completed or in progress 1.1 certification from IMS. See the Grading Services Partners article for more information about partners. Interested vendor partners may contact Campus through this form.
Article(s): Grading Services, Uncategorized Assignments, OneRoster API
Path: System Administration > Campus Learning > OneRoster > Grading Services; Campus Instruction > Grade Book > Uncategorized Assignments
- Course Grading Setup Can Now Be Pushed at Anytime (SIS-102339) [Enhancement]
Previously, districts were able to manage grading setup by establishing the desired options at the course or course master level, which were then pulled into sections the first time teachers accessed them. This process has been changed to allow districts to push grading setup to sections as needed.
Grading is set up in the Grading Tasks, Standards, Categories, and Grade Calc Options tabs of Courses and Course Masters. Existing locking logic at the Course Catalog level applies, and an additional lock option has been added for Composite Grading.Grading setup can be pushed from four locations.
To push grading setup for a single course master or course, use the existing Push to Course option on the Course Master or the new Push to Sections option on the Course tab. Access to this option is controlled by tool rights. Grading setup can be pushed en masse using the Push All Course Masters and Push All Courses tools available in Grading & Standards. Be aware that using the Push All Course Masters tool pushes both grading setup and other course master elements to courses. Safeguards are in place to prevent pushed changes from affecting current student grades.
Four new reports have been added to Grading & Standards to assist in tracking grading setup:
- Course Audit Report - compares the grading setup between course masters and their associated courses to identify differences.
- Course Awaiting Push Report - reports grading setup that has not yet been pushed from the course level to sections. Use this report in conjunction with the Push All Courses tool to know what data is being pushed.
- Course Master Awaiting Push Report - reports grading setup that has not yet been pushed from the course master level to courses. Use this report in conjunction with the Push All Courses Masters tool to know what data is being pushed. Note that this report only includes grading setup changes, not other course master elements that will also be pushed to courses.
- Grading Changes Not Pushed Report - reports grading setup that could not be pushed from the course master level because of existing assignments and scores that would have been affected.
- The Grading Setup Audit Report was renamed Section Audit. This report still displays current grading setup at the section level.
Article(s): Push All Course Masters, Push All Courses, Push to Sections, Course Audit Report, Course Awaiting Push Report, Course Master Awaiting Push Report, Grading Changes Not Pushed Report
Path: Grading & Standards > Course Masters, Push All Courses Masters, Push All Courses; Grading & Standards > Reports > Grading Setup; Scheduling > Courses
- Composite Grading Can Now Be Locked at he the Course Catalog Level (SIS-109788) [Enhancement]
Composite grading can now be locked at the Course Catalog level without locking the rest of Grade Calc Options.
Article(s): Course Catalog
Path: Grading & Standards > Course Catalog
- Report Comments Available on Report Cards (SIS-111867) [Enhancement]
In addition to using Report Comments for adding comments to transcript and eTranscripts, Report Comments can now be used to add to Report Cards.Also note, if the same comment is being assigned to multiple students, use the Report Comments Batch Wizard.The same process applies to report cards and transcripts/eTranscripts:
- Step 1 - create the comment
- Step 2 - mark the Report Comments/Show Comments report preference on the Preferences Report tool.
- Step 3 - assign the comment to the student, either on an individual student's Report Comments tab or by using the Report Comments Batch Wizard.
Article: Report Comments; Report Comments Batch Wizard; Report Comments (Student); Conventional Report Card Preferences; Standard Report Card Preferences
Path: System Administration > Preferences > Report Comments
- Campus Student Updates (SIS-112089) [Enhancement]
Campus Student has been updated with a new version of the Grades screen, which displays grades one term at a time. Additionally, the Assignment detail screen has been updated to present data more clearly.
Article(s): Campus Student
Path: Campus Student
- In-Progress Grades Display (SIS-111721) [Enhancement]
Future in-progress grades now display in shaded yellow. This occurs when the teacher is using a cumulative grading calculation. If the student has scored assignment data in a future term, the in-progress grade displays in yellow.
Path: Student Information > General > Grades
- Program Sessions (SIS-108546) [Enhancement]
Program Sessions have been updated, as follows:
- The Start and End Date of program sessions are now included in the Program Session editor.
- A Sessions dropdown has been added to view all program sessions throughout the district, or to view program sessions that fall within the date range of the calendar selected in the Campus toolbar.
When assigning a Program Session to a student, note that Student can only be assigned to Program Sessions that are active within the currently selected calendar date range (in the Campus toolbar).
Article: Programs (Program Participation); Batch Assignment Tool; Program Sessions
Path: Student Information > Program Participation > Programs; Program Admin > Batch Assignment Tool; Program Admin > Programs > Program Sessions
- Enhancements to Report Card Preferences (SIS-112101) [Enhancement]
Several updates and modifications have been made to Report Card Preferences and the print display of Report Cards. The following is a summary of these enhancements.
Modifications made to Conventional and Standards Based Report Options
Options for printing the mailing label have been added. Report cards can be printed with the student's Primary Address only, without a mailing label (no address prints at all for handing out in class), and with the parent/guardian names.(SIS-111864)
- Weighted and Unweighted Term GPA options are now available.
- The Grading Task/Standards Selection box have been reorganized for easier selection of tasks and standards.
- All grading tasks and standards can be selected.
- Grading tasks and standards now display separately.
- Selecting a parent standard auto-selects a child standard.
- The layout of the report card preferences has been reorganized, including:
- Required fields are labeled as required.
- Header options have been indented.
- Display options are no longer bold.
Homeroom teacher has been added as a Header Option. This prints the assigned homeroom teacher. In the event a student has two homeroom teachers, the teacher with the last name higher alphabetically prints in the header.
When including School Comments, the label of COMMENTS no longer prints on the report card. The text displays for each student still, so if a special heading should also print on the report card, add that to the Comment field on the Report Preferences.Modifications made to
Conventional Report Cards
When adding all of the Header options (student ID, counselor, etc.), some of the options did not print. This has been corrected. The header allows for six lines of information, including the student’s name, grade level, counselor name, homeroom teacher, state ID, student ID, time stamp, etc. When names are long and wrap to a second line, the space available for other information is not available. Only choose the options that are absolutely necessary.
- When a grading task name is long and wraps to two lines on the conventional report card, the percent of the score lines up with the percent (%) label instead of lining up with the second line of the grading task name.
- Standard names have been modified to stay in one column and no longer split on a page or column break.
- Like the Standards Based Report Card, preferences to include placement and signatures have been added. Four preferences are available:
- Next Year Placement
- Teacher Signature
- Principal Signature
- Parent Signature
If a grading task or standard is not marked to be scored for a certain term (for example, the standard is only graded for Terms 2 and 4), the printed report card displays those term boxes in shaded gray coloring, indicating the standard is not scored during that term.(SIS-111487)
- When printing, standards that have long names are formatted to wrap to the next line in the column and are formatted to stay within the same column (so the entirety of the standard name stays together).
Updates made to Other Tools
- On the Score Groups and Rubrics editor, the Minimum % Value, Rollup % Value, and Mean % Value columns no longer include the % in the name of the column.
- The Name column on the Score Groups and Rubrics editor is now limited to a set character length of 255 characters.
- The Standard Name column on the Grades tab now wraps, allowing longer standard names to display all within the column.
Article: Conventional Report Card Preferences; Standards-Based Report Card Preferences
Path: System Administration > Preferences > Reports > Report Card
- Reports Roll Forward - Copy Reports to Multiple Schools (SIS-111524) [Enhancement]
The Reports Roll Forward tool has been modified to allow the copying of reports (report cards, schedules, transcripts, eTranscripts) from one school to another school in the district.Please note that when copying report cards and schedule reports, the Term Schedule Name, Schedule Structure Name and the number of Terms must match for the terms on the report to be copied forward.
Article: Reports Roll Forward
Path: System Administration > Preferences > Report Roll Forward
- Schedule Wizard Updates to Course Planner, Building Tools and Schedule Wizard Login (SIS-75451)The following updates have been made to the Schedule Wizard:
- Course Planner - The Seats column (Maximum Students field on the Course editor) only allows entry up to three characters.
- Building Tools - Calculation logic for the minimum percentage used in section has been updated to correctly recommend the correct number of sections.
- Building Tools - Text displayed when hovering over the Course Filter in Builder Config has been updated.
- Schedule Wizard Login - When the user has exceeded the number of failed login attempts, an error message displays. If this occurs, contact your Campus Administrator.
- Access to the Schedule Wizard is now recorded in the Access/Usage Logs.
Path: Scheduling > Schedule Wizard
- Schedule Wizard Updates to Trial, Scheduling Rules, Loading by Department (SIS-98650)
- When closing a Trial, clicking the Cancel option in the closing dialog closes that dialog but leaves the Trial selection window and active.
- When the Same Teacher/Same Period rules are set on the a course, the Builder builds the section with the same teacher/same period across multiple period schedules. The sections can be in different period schedules as long as they are in the same period with the same teacher. Also, section numbers match.
- When creating a rule on the Course Planner, the Type field remains active when the user chooses the Course field first.
- When loading courses by Department, only that selected department has students added to its course sections.
- The Section Balance Weighting Configuration has been updated for behavior and minority status. The Behavior slider only looks at events aligned to discipline (not award) events. The Minority slider counts a blank raceEthnicityFed value as a minority.
- Schedule Units Report - Active Students (SIS-110181) [Enhancement]
- Hide Standards on Portal/Student App (SIS-102667) [Enhancement]
The following updates have been made to the Schedule Wizard:
Article: Schedule Wizard
Path: Scheduling > Schedule Wizard
The Schedule Units Report has been updated to include an Active Only Students checkbox and an Enrollment Effective Date field to allow only actively enrolled students as of the entered date to be included in the report.
Article: Schedule Units Reports
Path: Scheduling > Reports > Schedule Units
The 'Hide Standards on Portal/Student App' checkbox has been added to the Course Master and Course Catalog. Marking this checkbox prevents standards from displaying on the Portal or Campus Student, but allows them to display for teachers. If this checkbox is marked for a Course Catalog or Course Master, it can be pushed to associated courses and sections.
Path: Grading & Standards > Course Catalog, Course Master
- BEDS Reporting Changes (SIS-109328)
Changes were made to the BEDS report for customers who have purchased Campus Human Resources and Campus Finance as add-on functionality. Information returned in the report can now be retrieved from those modules.
Article(s): BEDS Reporting (New York)
Path: NY State Reporting > BEDS Reporting
- IEP Bug Fix (SIS-111173)
An issue with the text boxes on the Goals and Objectives editor of the New York IEP not expanding properly has been resolved.
Article: Individual Education Plan (New York)
Path: Student Information > Special Ed > General > Documents > Create New Plan
- Additional FRAM Mapping Added to Programs Fact Extract (SIS-111578)
The report logic was updated and now the following Certified Types do NOT report a record: Declined, Denied, or Did Not Apply.The following Certified Types now report as NYSED Code "DCMP" in the Program Eligibility Code 1 element:
- Early Childhood
- Socioeconomic Status
Path: NY State Reporting > SIRS Extracts > Programs Fact
The information in this article was summarized from: https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/Release+Pack+Campus.1801+-+January+2018#ReleasePackCampus.1801-January2018-NewYork