RP.1733 - Aug 2017
Items marked with a RED pin are considered important or useful - pay special attention to these items when they appear,
- Be sure to read the New York State Data Warehouse changes at the bottom of this article for information on important updates that have been made to extracts.
- Instruction Module Enhancements Specific to Teaching Staff
The following article can be provided directly to teaching staff which details the enhancements that have been made in this version which pertain directly to teaching staff: https://www.edutech.org/resources/student-systems/...
- New York Immunization Updates (SIS-98988)The following vaccines' compliance rules have been updated for New York:
- Hepatitis B
Article: New York Immunization Rules
- New Enrollment End Status Code (SIS-107717)
The following new code for ending and enrollment was added to the End Status field on the Enrollment tab: 461: Prior graduate from outside U.S. enrolled without documentation.The End Status reports on the SIRS School Entry Exit Template
Article(s): SIRS School Entry Exit Template (New York)
- Missing Assignment Percentage (SIS-105423) [Enhancement]
A new Missing Assignments tool has been added to the Grading & Standards area of System Administration. This tool allows districts to set a missing assignment percentage per school. Assignments flagged as missing by teachers will automatically calculate the assignment score as the entered percentage of Total Points possible. For example, a 10 point assignment with a Missing Assignment Percentage of 50 would calculate as 5 points. Teachers are not able to enter a score if the missing flag is marked. If no percentage is entered, missing assignments calculate as zero points, in keeping with previous logic.
Article(s): Missing Assignment Percentage
Path: System Administration > Grading & Standards > Missing Assignments
- Search and Selection Windows Expanded in User Group Tool (SIS-107976) [Enhancement]
The size of the Add User Group and Current Group Memberships windows within the User Groups tool has been expanded to better display longer values and improve the readability of the fields.
Article: User Groups (User Tab)
Path: System Administration > User Security > Users > User Groups
- Automatically Disable Student Accounts Account Security Preference Updated to Allow Up to 365 Days (SIS-107462) [Enhancement]
The Automatically Disable Student Accounts _ Day(s) After Enrollment End Date… field on the Account Security Preferences tool has been updated to allow values up to 365 days.
Article: Account Security Preferences
Path: System Administration > User Security > User Preference Management > Account Security Preferences > Automatically disable student accounts _ day(s) after enrollment end date
- Attendance - Period Detail Batch (SIS-107210) [Enhancement]
Batch Queue functionality is now available on the Period Detail Batch Report.Article: Period Detail Batch
Path: Attendance > Reports > Period Detail Batch
- New Immunization Compliance Summary Report (SIS-106655) [Enhancement]
A new Core Immunization Compliant report was created.Article: Immunization Compliance Summary Report
Path: Health > Reports > Immunization Compliance Summary
- Google reCaptcha Setting Added to Login Security Settings (SIS-105912)
An option to use Google reCaptcha as the captcha displayed after several incorrect logins to Campus has been added to a new Captcha Settings section of the Login Security Settings tool. Users can now choose between using Campus captcha or Google reCaptcha functionality during the Campus login process.Article: Login Security Settings; Managing User Account PasswordsPath: Ad Hoc Reporting > Filter Designer
The audio challenge option for Google reCaptcha does NOT work properly within Microsoft Explorer and Edge web browsers.
New York State Data Warehouse
- BEDS Reporting Update (SIS-103887)Changes were made to ensure suspension and absence data report correctly.
- Suspension logic was updated to report from the Attendance Code's State Code. To report, the Attendance Code's State Code must be OSS.
- The Grades Offered section was updated with the current list of State Grade Level Codes.
- FRAM logic was updated to include POS Eligibility in addition to Program Participation.
- Unexcused Absences logic was updated to only include Instructional Periods in the calculations.
- The "Beds - " prefix was removed from all Item headings.
- The "Records:#" suffix was removed from all of the Item headings.
Article(s): BEDS Reporting (New York)Path: NY State Reporting > BEDS Reporting
The information in this article was summarized from: https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/Release+Pack+Campus.1733+-+August+2017#ReleasePackCampus.1733-August2017-SIS-98654