RP.1745 - Nov 2017
- Some Custom Tabs Leading to External URLS Producing Error (SIS-109034)
Some custom tabs set up as an external URL were producing an error when selected. This issue has been corrected.
Article: Custom Tab
Path: System Administration > Custom > Custom Tab
- Student Grades Tab - In-Progress Grades Display (SIS-87599) [Enhancement]
In-Progress grades now display on the student grades tab.
Path: Student Information > General > Grades
- User Account Batch Wizard Now Includes Staff Account Functionality (SIS-109269)
The User Account Batch Wizard has been updated to work with staff accounts. Using this tool, users can now do the following:
- Batch create staff user accounts
- Enable staff user accounts
- Disable staff user accounts
- Force a password reset for staff user accounts
- Add user groups to staff accounts en masse
- Remove user groups from staff accounts en masse.
Article: User Account Batch Wizard
Path: System Administration > User Security > User Preference Management > User Account Batch Wizard
- Grade Calc Options Updates (SIS-109850) [Enhancement]
Various updates have been made to the Grade Calc Options screen in the Grade Book, Courses, and Course Masters:
- Added an option to only calculate the student's grade based on the most recent x number of assignments, based on Due Date.
- Added two new Methods for calculating grades:
- Decaying Average calculates the average, but weights recent scores more heavily.
- Mean calculates a straight average across scores.
- Added Fill and Filter options to make setting up calculation options simpler.
Path: Campus Instruction > Grade Book > Settings > Grade Calc Options; Scheduling > Courses > Grade Calc Options; Grading & Standards > Course Masters > Grade Calc Options
- Student Search (SIS-108614)
Users who perform a search for a student (defined as any person who has at least one enrollment, either active or inactive) enrolled in a calendar to which the user does not have calendar rights now receive a message that the person does not have rights to view the student's information.
- If a user has rights to the All People search, the user can search for a student enrolled in a calendar to which the user doesn't have rights.
- A warning message displays when viewing the student's information in the Student Information module, but not when viewing the student's information in the Census module.
- NEW Canned Student Transcript (SIS-105354) [Enhancement]
A new canned Student Transcript is now available in the Student Information Counseling toolset. This new Transcript has an updated look and enhanced functionality.The Transcript now includes a Master screen and a Detail Screen.
- On the Master screen, users can get a quick view of a student's transcript by the school year, and can print transcript records or upload other transcript documents.
- On the Detail screen, users can view transcript information on a series of cards, organized by School Information, Course Information, Score Information, etc.
- Group column headings on the Master screen by Year, by School or other option by using click-and-drag features.
- Collapse these headings to only display records for a certain year or school.
- Edit records from the Master Screen.
- View more details of the record by clicking anywhere in the row to display the Detail screen.
- Find course names, course numbers, etc., by typing into the field. Matching results display for easy selection and other related fields are populated.
- Navigate to the next row or the last row by using the Next and Previous options in the Detail screen.
Article: Transcript (Counseling)
Path: Student Information > Counseling > General > Transcript
- Census - Staff Birth Date and Age Tool Right (SIS-105476) [Enhancement]
A new tool right called View Staff Birth Date and Age is now available. Users assigned this tool right are able to see a staff member's birth date and age. A user who currently has a read right to Census > People > Demographics will have a read right to this new tool right.The logic for the Staff Social Security tool right was changed to define a staff person as anyone with an active District Employment or an active District Assignment record.
Article: Tool Rights (Census)
Path: System Administration > User Security > Tool Rights > Census
- Updates for SIRS Reporting (SIS-108532)
- The SIRS Marking Period Code Template was deprecated.
- The following changes were made to the SIRS Extract Editor.
- The word "Template" was removed from options in the Extract Type dropdown list.
- TSV and XML options were removed from the Format dropdown list.
- The following fields were removed: Student Identifier and Staff Identifier.
- A new checkbox called "Include Primary Students' Grades" now displays when the Extract Type is Student Class Grade Detail.
- The Student ID element was updated on all SIRS extracts. This element now reports the Local Student Number from the Demographics tab.
- The Staff ID element was updated on the Staff Student Course. This element now reports the staff member's Staff State ID from the Demographics tab.
- The Student Class Grade Detail extract was updated.
- The Alpha Grade and Numeric Grade elements now ignore the grade level requirements if the Include Primary Students' Grades is checkbox is marked on the extract editor.
- The elements that report grades now report the State Grade "GD."
- The Programs Fact extract was updated to not limit the number of years that report in the Program Duration element.
Path: NY State Reporting > SIRS Extracts
- Behavior State Code Mapping Updates (SIS-108704)
- Behavior State Event and Resolution Code dictionaries were updated for 17-18 SSEC reporting.
- The Harassment Category dropdown list was deprecated. (Behavior Management > Incident Detail Information > Event and Participant Detail > Participant(s) Details > Harassment Category)
- The Teacher Role dropdown list was updated (Scheduling > Course > Section > Staff History > Teacher Role). The term "Override" was replaced with the word "Additional."
Path: NY State Reporting
- SIRS Student Lite Extract Updated for Counselor Data (SIS-110210)
The following elements on the Student Lite Extract were updated to report Counselor data. Previously, these elements were not reported.
- Guidance Counselor District Code
- Guidance Counselor ID
Path: NY State Reporting > SIRS Extracts > Student Lite Template
The information in this article was summarized from: https://community.infinitecampus.com/kb/display/DOC/Release+Pack+Campus.1745+-+November+2017