Who should share (publish) Lists?
- Account administrators who will have access to and/or be primarily in charge of message broadcasts for an entire school, district or organization.
- Individuals who will likely have access to all messaging options, broadcast options, list options and contact data fields.
- Users who have a high functioning level of expertise and training.
Not all users should be publishers since most lists are simple rule-based lists which are easily created or contain contacts which are specific to the users function within your organization.
What lists should be published?
- Lists which are meant to be broadcast to the whole organization or to large groups within, such as a whole school building or commonly used group of contacts, guardians or staff.
- Lists which were complicated or tedious to create - which less experienced users may need to use, but would have trouble creating themselves.
- Lists of contacts that required the manual loading of a CSV file (who are not available as part of the Data Imports for your account).
Not all lists should be published since many lists should not be accessed by many users. Lists containing contacts for a certain school building, classrooms or specific activities are only needed by certain users and should only exist on their accounts to prevent others from accidentally broadcasting to them.
To Share (Publish) a List:
- Login to SchoolMessenger if you haven't already
- Navigate to the Broadcasts>Lists screen
- Locate the list you wish to publish and to the right of the list, click on the button - the Publication Editor screen appears
- Use the "Subscription Permissions" to select who can see and use your list, using the following as a guide:
Mark "Anyone": To allow anyone with an account in SchoolMessenger that has the "Subscribe" permission added to it, to use to the list.
Mark "Top Level Users": To allow only SchoolMessenger administrators to use to the list.
Mark "One or more Schools": To allow individuals with a SchoolMessenger account that is assigned to a specific school building to use the list. If you use this option, you must first click Next and then check the specific buildings that appear which contain users whom you wish to allow to use the list.
Click "Next" to continue
Check the "Confirm" checkbox as illustrated below, after confirming that what appears just above in the "Summary" is what you'd expect"
Click "Next" to continue - the "Success" screen appears with the word published to indicate your list is now visible to the audience you selected in the previous steps:
Click the "Done" button to complete the process of sharing (publishing) your list - you will be taken back to the "My Lists" section where you will now see that the former Publish link has changed to "Modify Publication". The text "Changes to this list are published" also appears as illustrated below: