AccelerateU - Online Learning
We serve students of all abilities and students who are recovering credit, accelerating, traveling, homebound, medically fragile, and with IEP's and 504 plans.
AccelerateU operates on a rolling enrollment system, and students can be enrolled at any time of the year.
If you are a parent interested in enrolling your child in an online course, you must get permission from your school district. Contact the school counselor.
Is AccelerateU Remote Learning?
AccelerateU's online courses are different from the emergency remote/hybrid learning prevalent in schools since the pandemic started in March 2020.
AccelerateU has been offering comprehensive, self-contained, web-based online courses since 2003. It is a mature service that has helped thousands of NYS students gain credit for graduation.
Is it right for every student? Probably not, but it can help many students, either on a part-time or full-time basis.
New York State Department of Education Ed Law 2d requires districts to protect students' personally identifiable information (PII). Some of our courses use supplemental websites that may collect minimal amounts of PII. Below are such sites vetted by AccelerateU staff for compliance to Ed Law 2d requirements.
- Genius, our Student Information System
- Buzz, our Learning Management System
- Scratch, Coding and Animation
- iMACS, Math and Computer Science
- Castle Learning, Regents Preparation
- Neocities, for creating websites
- Tinkercad, an Online CAD application
- Explore Learning, Virtual Science Labs
- Pivot Interactives, for Virtual Science Labs
- Orientation to our Courses
- Video Tutorials/Resources
- AccelerateU 2020-2021 Guide
- Tips for Success in Online Learning
- Clearing Browser History/Cache
- Castle Learning Regents Prep
- Instructions for Online Enrollment
- Student Contract
- Choosing AccelerateU as AP Provider
- RWADA Projected Aid Ratios
- Chromebook Support Guide
- NYS Distance Learning Consortium
- Apply here to be an online instructor
- Teaching Online Tips
- Teaching Online Tips - Content Specific
Protecting student information
- Student Data Privacy Parent Fact Sheet
- New York Education Law 2-D
- Education Law 2D Information
- Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act - FERPA
- COPPA Compliance (students under age 13)
- Parents Bill of Rights (required by Ed Law 2d)
- US Dept of Ed, Protecting Student Privacy
- NYSED, Student Data Protection
- Parent Complaint Form (PDF)
- Parent Complaint Form ( Word)
- Ed Law 2d Compliance Rider, Genius SIS
- Ed Law 2d Compliance Rider, Agilix Buzz
Edutech Data Protection Officer