AccelerateU - Online Learning
AccelerateU offers 200+ online courses for NYS students. Our courses are asynchronous, web-based, and led by certified teachers. Students and teachers communicate mostly by messaging. This year, we are piloting an online/on-demand tutoring for core (Regents) courses.
Each one-semester course costs $754 per student, which is aidable. Students have 20 weeks to complete each one-semester course. The early withdrawal fee is $50 for drops within 4 weeks.
We serve students of all abilities - those recovering credit, accelerating, traveling, homebound, medically fragile, and with IEP's and 504 plans.
We accept and enroll students all year long, and we can get a student into a course in minutes.
Enrollments starting after May 31 are invoiced at full cost, regardless of completion/drop status.
Parents/guardians - you must get permission from your district to enroll your child. Please contact your child's school counselor.
Student Data Privacy
New York State Department of Education Ed Law 2d requires districts to protect students' personally identifiable information (PII). Some of our courses use supplemental websites that may collect minimal amounts of PII. Below are such sites vetted by AccelerateU staff for compliance to Ed Law 2d requirements.
- Genius SIS, our Student Information System
- Buzz, our Learning Management System
- FEV Tutor, providing on-demand tutoring
- Scratch, Coding and Animation
- iMACS, Math and Computer Science
- Castle Learning, Regents Preparation
- Neocities, for creating websites
- Tinkercad, an Online CAD application
- Explore Learning, Virtual Science Labs
- Pivot Interactives, for Virtual Science Labs
- Orientation to our Courses
- Video Tutorials/Resources
- AccelerateU Guide
- Tips for Success in Online Learning
- Clearing Browser History/Cache
- Castle Learning Regents Prep
- Instructions for Online Enrollment
- Student Contract
- Choosing AccelerateU as AP Provider
- RWADA Projected Aid Ratios
- Chromebook Support Guide
- NYS Distance Learning Consortium
- Apply here to be an online instructor
- Sample Cross Contract
Protecting student information
- Student Data Privacy Parent Fact Sheet
- New York Education Law 2-D
- Education Law 2D Information
- Family Ed. Rights & Privacy Act - FERPA
- COPPA Compliance (students under age 13)
- Parents Bill of Rights (required by Ed Law 2d)
- US DOE, Protecting Student Privacy
- NYSED, Student Data Protection
- Parent Complaint Form (PDF)
- Parent Complaint Form ( Word)
- Ed Law 2d Compliance Rider, Genius SIS
- Ed Law 2d Compliance Rider, Agilix Buzz