AccelerateU - Online Learning
We serve students of all abilities, in many situations-kids who are recovering credit, accelerating, traveling for various reasons (study abroad, sports, etc.), homebound, medically fragile, with special situations and with IEP's and 504 plans.
AccelerateU operates on a rolling enrollment system, and students can be enrolled at any time of the year!
If you are a parent interested in enrolling your child into an online course, you must speak with your district's School Counselor. You may contact Mike Morone or Heather Stonecipher to find out more about our program, but all enrollments must come from your child's school district.
Data Privacy and Security
EdLaw 2D requires school districts to protect student personally identifiable information. In this digital age, our teachers and students make use of many websites to assist and enrich the student learning experience. Below are websites that have been vetted by the Administrator of AccelerateU for their appropriateness in instruction and that the appropriate data privacy measures are in place.
Questions about the use of a particular website or app can be sent to Mike Morone or Heather Stonecipher
- Video Tutorials/Resources
- AccelerateU 2020-2021 Guide
- Tips for Success in Online Learning
- Clearing Browser History/Cache
- Castle Learning Regents Prep
- Instructions for Online Enrollment
- Student Contract
- RWADA Projected Aid Ratios
- Chromebook Support Guide
- NYS Distance Learning Consortium
- Apply here to be an online instructor
- Teaching Online Tips & Tricks
- Teaching Online Tips & Tricks--Content Specific
Protecting student information
- Student Data Privacy Parent Fact Sheet
- New York Education Law 2-D
- Education Law 2D Information
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- COPPA Compliance Information
(for students under age 13)
- Parent Complaint Form (download PDF)
- Parent Complaint Form ( download Word Doc)
- Ed Law 2D Compliance Rider, Genius SIS